Hours of Operations: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Physical Address: 4610 S 4th St, Beaumont TX 77705 Mailing Address: P O Box 21337, Beaumont TX 77720
Phone Numbers: (409) 840-9944 or 727-4611 Fax Numbers: (409) 840-9732 or 727-5621
Chief Appraiser: Angela Bellard, RPA, RES, AAS Assistant Chief Appraiser: Lloyd "Buddy" Hughes, RPA
Business Manager: Diana Miller
Welcome to the Jefferson Central Appraisal District's web page. At jcad.org our goal is to provide the public with online access to the information and functions of the Jefferson Central Appraisal District. We hope that you find everything helpful and easy to use. If there is anything we can do to better serve your needs, please do not hesitate to Contact Us. Thank you.
The mission of the Jefferson Central Appraisal District is to develop and maintain appraisals of property in our District in a fair and equitable manner, ensuring the accuracy and uniformity of all appraisals; to ensure that the appraisals are performed by professionals in the property tax field, and to promote the education of said professionals; to develop procedures that grant the property owners due process in protesting said appraisals; to furnish to the taxing entities an accurate appraisal roll in a timely manner; and to continually improve our operations and policies in order that we may provide more efficient services to the property owners and taxing entities that we serve.
Truth in taxation is a concept embodied in the Texas Constitution that requires local taxing units to make taxpayers aware of tax rate proposals and to afford taxpayers the opportunity to roll back or limit tax increases. Property owners have the right to know about increases in their property's appraised value and to be notified of the estimated taxes that could result from the new value. Please click the below link to access this website.
* Report Damages to Your Property From Recent Heavy Rain click here for full details
* Homestead Exemptions and How They Reduce Your Taxes click here for full details
on the property would have become delinquent
* Agriculture-Use Special Appraisal and How It Reduces Your Taxes click here for full details
* File Homestead Exemption Application, Personal Property Rendition, Ag-Use and Restricted Timberland Special Appraisal Applications, Freeport Exemption, and Request a Change of Mailing Address Online click here for full details
* Delivery of Certain Notices of Email (Property Must be Your Residence) click here for full details
*Low Income Housing Apartment Capitalization Rate click here for full details
*JCAD Awarded Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Award click here for full details
* Important Property Tax Deadlines click here for full details